Saturday, March 22, 2014

The slow winter months

Oh, I can't even tell you how refreshing it is to have an expiration date.  And I don't mean and end date like I am dying, but a end of shelf date.  It's been a difficult winter.  No real job prospects to speak of and there was a second there when I thought my prospects for a summer job would be the same.  Cue one of my ":people" and I am off to Yellowstone National Park to be a Park Ranger Interpreter for the summer.  (expiration date May 11)  I haven't been a park ranger before so this is exciting and terrifying all at the same time.  Exciting for the reasons anyone would be excited.  Terrifying because I am so scared I am going to let my "person" down.  I love my "people".  They bail me out every time I need them.  I hope I always return the favor.
It will be hard to pack up from home and head off again but it will also be a relief.  At home I feel on guard all the time.  It's stressful to feel like you have to be a certain way.  It's hard to explain but maybe I can put it more plainly at another time.  Aahhh  In 6 weeks I pack up the car again to start off on another adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment